Sunday, November 25, 2012

A dangerous habit. I know.

So I was watching the DaVinchi code and it got me thinking.  I recently watched an anime called Chrono Crusade, and it was about exorcist nuns with guns fighting demons in the 1920s.  Anyways the story focused on Rosette, who is the reincarnation of Mary Magdlin. According to the theory in the aforementioned movie, Mary Magdlin was the wife of Jesus Christ.

In the anime, Rosette was in love with Crono, a demon who was bonded to her life force.  So that would make Crono Jesus?  And Jesus would be a demon.  WTF?  This is why mixing fandoms gets me into much trouble.

And another question, if  in commonly accepted theory, why would there be a part of the Catholic church named after a prostitute?

And, yes, I know that they changed who Mary was in the anime.  They did not use the biblical Mary.

But still.

Peace love and all that jazz
Zarina

P.S. bonus cookies if you get where the title is from.  Hint:  Disney.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta ask... Beauty and the beast (Gaston) ??

    ReplyDelete